Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Flu shot from H E double hockey sticks!

My Parenting Job Description:  Keep the baby safe, warm, fed, dry and happy.  Well - in an attempt to keep Summer safe we got flu shots on Monday.  She goes to daycare, and spends time with another child and I didn't want to risk a flu at such a young age.  Shawn and I were armed with Juice and cookies for after the shot - and everything went perfectly.  Until that night when everything went to H E double hockey sticks.  She was up all night with a fever, and upset as could be.  Nothing we did could calm her down, not even her bottle.  I tried to have her cuddle up and sleep with me, but she just wouldn't.  The look in her eyes was kind of a "why did you do this to me" look.  Followed by a "please fix it" look.  The most awful thing ever.  I ended up staying home from work with her the next day because her fever just wouldn't break and she was so sad and lathergic.  POOR BABY!  Then she poo'd all over in her new fort which we threw away after we scrubbed her down in the tub.  I can't wait until I can talk to her and help explain these types of things. 

What's a parent to do, I suppose trading happy for safe is just a choice you have to make from time to time.  If she gets the flu anyway this year, heads are going to roll!   And dose 2/2 is due in less than four weeks.  Oh joy, I can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!