Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beach "Trip"

** Summer is walking! ** - It's very cute.  Now, on to the beach story:


Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos have a saying "If you take your kids, it's a trip - if you go without them, it's a vacation".  I couldn't agree more.  We found this out the hard way this past weekend.  One year olds are NO FUN AT THE BEACH. 

Shawn and I were running around piling bags, bottles, blankies, toys, strollers, playpens, and baby carriers into the car.  We knew things were going to be hectic, but we were excited.  One night at the beach with baby!  Fun, right? -

We run into the house to grab Summer and pack her last but not least.  Immediately she starts screaming.  Jokingly I say to Shawn as we get into the car "YAY BEACH TRIP!" - little did I know. 

Long story short - we were back in the car by 7:00am the next day - packed and headed back home!  No fun was to be had that weekend.  Shawn was begging to go home.  We spent most of our trip driving Summer around in the car because she wouldn't nap otherwise.  No arcade, no ice cream, no shopping or dining (no, I'm sorry after waiting in line for an hour we did get to eat at a resturant - we took turns taking summer out for walks).  I didn't even set foot on the sand.  Haha.  Most un-successful beach trip in history... it has to be. 

We love you Summer Pants!  But, no beach for you!! I'm sure next year will be better... right?

PS.  Happy First Birthday in 4 days!!!  You are such a big girl already.  Mommy and Daddy love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!