Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Welcome Baby Summer

Insanity!  That's basically our life in a nutshell :)  As you can imagine. 

Well, Friday afternoon I wasn't feeling well - and I was having a lot of back pain and nausea.  I was having small contractions apparently (I didn't think they were contractions until they resulted in a baby).  I labored at home until about 1:30am - and then I KNEW I was in labor and it was time to GO!  When I checked in, I was at 5cm and having contractions every 5 min.  I labored for another 2.5 hours with no meds - until the contractions moved from my back into my left HIP.  On man...

Then the doctor came in with a giant weapon and said she wanted to break my water :)  that's where I lost my focus.  I asked for the Epidural before we went any further.  With that much pain, the idea of someone taking shiny metal objects to me was a little too much to handle.  The Epidural was gross, and I wasn't sure it was the right choice.  UNTIL of course it came time to push.  I felt nothing, and pushed her out in no time!  She was born at 9:56am Saturday - on her due date.  Little bugger. 

So it's been a lot of doctors appointments, follow ups, and trying to get settled in - chaos.  She's being a great baby so far, so that's nice!   Besides being gorgeous and perfect of course :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!